In the very center of the capital of culture, on Palace Square, there is one of the most important museum complexes in Russia and in the entire world – the State Hermitage Museum. Every year more than 4 million tourists come to see its halls. There are more than three million exhibits inside the five…
- Trip Outline
- Tour Includes
- Tour Excludes
In the very center of the capital of culture, on Palace Square, there is one of the most important museum complexes in Russia and in the entire world – the State Hermitage Museum. Every year more than 4 million tourists come to see its halls.
There are more than three million exhibits inside the five main buildings. You will learn the history of the emergence and formation of the collection of one of the twenty most visited museums in the world. You will see unique interiors created by outstanding architects of their time: Karl Bryullov, Andrey Ivanovich Shtakenshneider, Giacomo Quarenghi, and others.
In the summer season, people spend up to several hours in line for tickets. With us, you don’t waste your time – this tour includes skip-the-line tickets to the Hermitage. A comfortable private car takes you from the hotel door directly to the Hermitage entrance.
Together with your personal guide, you needn’t wait long and can go immediately to the exhibition and enjoy its major attractions. In the solemn Winter Palace by the architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli, you will visit:
- Alexander Hall. The room is dedicated to the memory of the events of 1812 and Emperor Alexander I. You will walk among gilded columns under a blue-tinted ceiling and plunge into a military theme with the help of medallions demonstrating battle scenes of World War II on the walls.
- Armorial Hall. One of the largest great halls of 1000 sq. m. You will find yourself in a spacious room surrounded by gold and white colors, massy chandeliers, sculptures of ancient Russian warriors and banners.
- Maria Alexandrovna’s Drawing Room. The magnificent room is in the Rococo style. One of the most luxurious halls looks like the royal chambers of the Moscow Kremlin. You will go along golden walls under a low arched ceiling to the old mansion.
- Malachite Drawing Room. One of the private premises in Alexandra Feodorovna’s chambers is notable for the use of semi-precious stones in the interior design. Malachite objects: vases, two fireplaces, clocks provide a useful supplement to the interior of the Drawing Room.
- White Hall. The room looks like an ancient Roman villa. The highlight of the hall is a sculpture that adorns the entire perimeter of the White Hall.
A personal English-speaking guide will take you for a Hermitage tour of the grand halls of the five buildings with major exposition. In the Small Hermitage, you will see the famous Loggias by Raphael – an exact replica of the Vatican, in the Pavilion Hall – the room where the Renaissance, Antiquity and the East have come together.
In the building of the New Hermitage, you will enjoy the Mysterious Egyptian Hall, get acquainted with the world of armors and weapons in the Knight’s Hall and have a look at the halls of the Antique culture. In the halls of the Great Hermitage, you will see the works of famous Renaissance painters Vecellio Titian and Leonardo da Vinci.
During the four-hour tour you will admire the most famous masterpieces:
- Egyptian Mummy. One of the oldest exhibits dated the X century BC. In total, the collection includes at least 5 mummified bodies.
- Malachite vase. A masterpiece of the Ural stonemasons made according to the drawings by A. Galberg.
- Peacock Clock. To date, the exhibit is the only existing mechanism by James Cox in the world.
- Kolyvan queen vase. The largest vase in the world made by man.
- Black Square by Kazimir Malevich. One of the most recognizable paintings of the XX century.
After the walk, you will be taken by private car directly to the hotel.
To book a tour or ask a question, please fill out the form below.
Make sure that you have correctly written your current email. We will contact you as soon as possible.
10.00 Meeting at the hotel to visit the Hermitage
10.30-14.00 Visit to the Hermitage Museum
10.30 Entrance to the Winter Palace from the Commandant's Entrance or from the Main Entrance from the Palace Embankment
10.40 The visit begins with a visit to the Jordan Staircase. Then you will go up to the second floor of the Winter Palace for a tour of the great halls.
11.00-12.30 Visiting the ceremonial halls of the Winter Palace: Rotonda, the Field Marshal's Hall, the Great (Nicolas) Hall, the Malachite Room, the Armorial Hall, the Portrait Gallery of the House of the Romanovs, the Peter the Great Room. You will visit the Small dining-room, where members of the Russian Provisional Government were arrested on the night of October 25-26, 1917. The tour also includes a visit to the private quarters of the Russian emperors and empresses: the library of Nicholas II, the study of Alexander II, where he died after the assassination attempt on March 1, 1881, the Boudoirs of Empress Maria Alexandrovna.
12.40 Exiting the Winter Palace, moving through the gallery of the Middle Ages to the Small Hermitage, visiting the Pavilion Hall with a Peacock Clock and a Hanging garden.
13.00-14.00 A visit to the Great and New Hermitage, a tour of the Italian Renaissance exhibition, Spanish art and the Rembrandt Hall. Then you go down the Soviet Staircase to the first floor, go through the hall with Kolyvan Vase, the Twenty Column hall, the Ancient Egyptian Hall and exit to the Palace Square
14.30-15.00 Lunch at the cafe in the General Staff building
15.10-16.30 Visit to the General Staff building
17.00 Drop off at the hotel
- English-speaking guide
- Skip the line tickets to the Hermitage Museum
- 3-hour private tour in the Hermitage Museum
- Private car
- Excursion in the General Staff Building
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
If you book a standard tour on a date that is available then the confirmation of the reservation comes automatically. We try to respond to custom tour inquiry and any questions right away. If we do not have time to answer you within 15 minutes during working hours, you will receive a 5% discount on the total amount of the tour cost.
We are always ready to return the full cost of the tour, in case of cancellation, with the exception of the costs that we made. Therefore, If you cancel the tour with 14 days in advance, we will give you a full refund. For a week or less - individually depending on the tour. In case of cancellation of the tour in less than 3 days, we return 40% of the cost.
By default, we accept 100% payment of tours, as it is generally convenient for everyone. If necessary, you can write to us that you want to pay in part. This is usually not a problem. You can pay the rest on cash in rubles on the first day of excursions.
Yes, all our tours are 100% customizable. By default, we select the perfect tour program verified by thousands of our tourists, but if you have any specific requests, we will take them into account and change them for you. In order to send a request for a custom tour - write to us by mail or make a phone call or fill out and send the form at the end of the description of the tour.
We have really great experience in organizing excursions in St. Petersburg. When assessing the quality of our work, we rely on the feedback of more than 7 thousand tourists who were satisfied with their trip. We organize 100% private tours, while many of our competitors, especially those who working through universal tour aggregators, often cannot guarantee the fact that the tour will be individual and instead of a private car, you will have a minivan with other tourists who are no less surprised and distressed than you.
In addition, our guides will never take you to the souvenir/gift shop, unless you ask them for it. While at present, most of the guides working in other agencies consider it their duty to forcefully bring their tourists to the souvenir shop and earn commissions. Despite the fact that for us this is unconditionally unacceptable and obviously extremely disrespectful to the guests of our city - the situation on the tourism market is just that. Therefore, if you are serious about making your trip go without disappointment, it is worth making an effort to find quality services. Our goal is not just to sell you a tour, but we want to make your stay in St. Petersburg excellent, therefore we are very attentive to the details, and we constantly improve and refine our products.