In the very center of the capital of culture, on Palace Square, there is one of the most important museum complexes in Russia and in the entire world – the State Hermitage Museum. Every year more than 4 million tourists come to see its halls. There are more than three million exhibits inside the five…
- Tour Outline
- Tour Includes
- Tour Excludes
In the very center of the capital of culture, on Palace Square, there is one of the most important museum complexes in Russia and in the entire world – the State Hermitage Museum. Every year more than 4 million tourists come to see its halls.
There are more than three million exhibits inside the five main buildings. You will learn the history of the emergence and formation of the collection of one of the twenty most visited museums in the world. You will see unique interiors created by outstanding architects of their time: Karl Bryullov, Andrey Ivanovich Shtakenshneider, Giacomo Quarenghi, and others.
In the summer season, people spend up to several hours in line for tickets. With us, you don’t waste your time – this tour includes skip-the-line tickets to the Hermitage. A comfortable private car takes you from the hotel door directly to the Hermitage entrance. Together with your personal guide, you needn’t wait long and can go immediately to the exhibition and enjoy its major attractions. In the solemn Winter Palace by the architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli, you will visit:
- Armorial Hall. One of the largest great halls of 1000 sq. m. You will find yourself in a spacious room surrounded by gold and white colors, massy chandeliers, sculptures of ancient Russian warriors and banners.
- Alexander Hall. The room is dedicated to the memory of the events of 1812 and Emperor Alexander I. You will walk among gilded columns under a blue-tinted ceiling and plunge into a military theme with the help of medallions demonstrating battle scenes of World War II on the walls.
- Maria Alexandrovna’s Drawing Room. The magnificent room is in the Rococo style. One of the most luxurious halls looks like the royal chambers of the Moscow Kremlin. You will go along golden walls under a low arched ceiling to the old mansion.
- Malachite Drawing Room. One of the private premises in Alexandra Feodorovna’s chambers is notable for the use of semi-precious stones in the interior design. Malachite objects: vases, two fireplaces, clocks provide a useful supplement to the interior of the Drawing Room.
- White Hall. The room looks like an ancient Roman villa. The highlight of the hall is a sculpture that adorns the entire perimeter of the White Hall.
A personal English-speaking guide will take you for a Hermitage tour of the grand halls of the five buildings with major exposition. In the Small Hermitage, you will see the famous Loggias by Raphael – an exact replica of the Vatican, in the Pavilion Hall – the room where the Renaissance, Antiquity and the East have come together. In the building of the New Hermitage, you will enjoy the Mysterious Egyptian Hall, get acquainted with the world of armors and weapons in the Knight’s Hall and have a look at the halls of the Antique culture. In the halls of the Great Hermitage, you will see the works of famous Renaissance painters Vecellio Titian and Leonardo da Vinci.
During the four-hour tour you will admire the most famous masterpieces:
- Peacock Clock. To date, the exhibit is the only existing mechanism by James Cox in the world.
- Egyptian Mummy. One of the oldest exhibits dated the X century BC. In total, the collection includes at least 5 mummified bodies.
- Malachite vase. A masterpiece of the Ural stonemasons made according to the drawings by A. Galberg.
- Kolyvan queen vase. The largest vase in the world made by man.
- Black Square by Kazimir Malevich. One of the most recognizable paintings of the XX century.
After the walk, you will be taken by private car directly to the hotel.
- 10:00 Hotel Pick-Up
- 10: 30-11: 30 Visiting the ceremonial halls of the Winter Palace
- 11: 30-13: 30 Visiting the Small Hermitage, the New Hermitage, the Hermitage theater, ending with a visit to the Egyptian Hall
- 14:00 Hotel Drop-Off
- Private Guide Service
- Entrance Fees
- Private Car
- Pricing NameStartGroup (min-max)PaxPrice
Order Extra Tours Headquarters