St. Petersburg off-the-beaten-path tour is a good opportunity to see the real city, which is hidden from the view of million tourists behind the magnificent facades. We have drawn up a perfect program that includes a maximum of non-touristy things to do in St. Petersburg that you will never visit on your own. You can…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
St. Petersburg off-the-beaten-path tour is a good opportunity to see the real city, which is hidden from the view of million tourists behind the magnificent facades. We have drawn up a perfect program that includes a maximum of non-touristy things to do in St. Petersburg that you will never visit on your own.
You can easily change it and adjust it for you because St. Petersburg is full of hidden treasures. You just need to know the correct routes and secret codes.
For a one-day 7-hour excursion we will visit the most impressive informal sights, including:
- the local farming products market and the tasting honey and caviar
- closed entrance staircases of former apartment houses
- luxurious metro stations with interiors made in the style of the Stalin Empire
- burnt, but working Lutheran church with catacombs (see photo)
St. Petersburg off-the-bitten-path tour is for someone who is seeking for something different from the popular attractions. If you are looking for a more local experience and want to discover another side of the city, join our tour through the hidden gems of St. Petersburg.
You will see the city in the bird’s-eye view then go down to the subway and see the unique interiors of metro stations, take a look at the entrances of revenue houses of the 19th century and walk along cosy streets decorated with street art. Carve out a unique experience on your next trip by visiting some of the weird, unusual, and offbeat things to see in St. Petersburg.
Here is the standard tour schedule, which we can adapt to your wishes:
- 10:00 Meeting with the English speaking guide at the Eliseyev Emporium at the Nevsky Prospect
- 10:00 – 10:30 Visit to the Eliseyev Emporium. Walking to Lomonosov Square through the Catherine Garden and Architect Rossi Street.
- 10:30 – 12:00 Walk along the main stairs and courtyards-wells of the former revenue houses. You will learn what luxurious facades of buildings hide and who live in former palaces nowadays.
- 12:00 – 12.30 Snack in the local bakery “Pyshki and Pirozhki.” Two pies, pyshka (Russian donut) and tea are included in the price of the tour.
- 12.30 – 13.00 Visiting the local Kuznechny market. You can taste farm honey as well as buy caviar and
souvenirs at affordable prices here.
- 13:00 – 14:30 Excursion to the most beautiful metro stations in St. Petersburg. You will learn more about its construction and history, as well as explore the most excellent metro stations including Avtovo, which
is listed under the most beautiful stations in the world according to The Guardian.
- 14:30 – 15:10 A visit to a burnt-out but a functioning Lutheran church with an incredibly impressive atmosphere. Annenkirche is closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- 15:10 – 16:00 A taxi ride (included in the price) to the Loft project “Etagi”. Rooftop tour on the former Bakery. The end of the tour at 74, Ligovsky Prospect.
By default, the tour ends in the city centre, but if you want to change this moment – just write to us about it.
This tour will show you St. Petersburg through the eyes of the locals, you will see sights that most tourists will never even know.
For whom this excursion is suitable?
The tour is perfect, both for the first visit to St. Petersburg, to better understand the history and culture of our country, and for those who have already been here or have already taken a sightseeing tour to visit the most popular attractions of the city.
Can you remove the rooftop tour or make other changes?
Yes, the tour can be customized to your wishes without any additional costs.
Can I expect that having booked a tour any day, I will see everything that is indicated in it?
Not exactly. Annekirche does not work on Monday and Tuesday, so it’s best to book this tour on other days of the week. But on Monday and Tuesday, we can hold the tour without visiting this church.
To book a tour or ask a question, please fill out the form below.
Make sure that you have correctly written your current email. We will contact you as soon as possible.
St. Petersburg – off the beaten paths
9:00 - meeting at the hotel
10:00 - 11:00 – departure for the rooftops tour.
11:00 – 13:00 – walking tour with a visit to the Transfiguration Cathedral, through the yards with street-art and unusual architecture. Visit to the entrances of historic houses that have retained such decorating as caryatids, marble steps and forged railings.
13:00 -13:30 - Visit to the burned-down Annenkirche with Lutheran parish with a very unusual atmosphere. Different concerts and exhibitions are held here.
13:30-14:00 - coffee break
14:00 – 15:00 - Visit to the entrances of old revenue houses around the Chernyshevskaya metro station
15:00 – 16:00 - St Petersburg Metro tour: the most beautiful metro stations of the first line, founded in 1955. They were built in the style of Stalin's Empire. Each of them is dedicated to a specific theme and looks like some kind of a museum.
16:00 – 16:30 - Visit to the local farmer's market Kuznechny: honey and red caviar degustation. Walking through the entrances of beautiful historic revenue houses.
✔ Rooftops – 27*2 = 54 $
TOTAL: 54 $
Our guide will help you to book a restaurant for dinner, accompany you there or order a taxi after the tour.
You can book for the evening a visit to the Speakeasy bar Cabinet (after 8 p.m) at will, which would be the icing on the cake of your holiday in St Petersburg.
The bar is open from Thursday to Sunday from 8 p.m to 3 a.m.
Annenkirche is closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Personal English-speaking guide
- Metro fare
- Tickets to the Rooftop tour
- Private car
- Tickets to the Bell tower of the Smolny Cathedral
- Tips for guide
No Details Found