On the shore of the Gulf of Finland, 30 km from St. Petersburg, one of the most visited museums-preserves – Peterhof — is located. This summer imperial residence appeared on the initiative of Peter the Great at the beginning of the XVIII century. Today, more than 4 million tourists choose Peterhof for a visit. The…
- Trip Outline
- Tour Includes
- Tour Excludes
On the shore of the Gulf of Finland, 30 km from St. Petersburg, one of the most visited museums-preserves – Peterhof — is located. This summer imperial residence appeared on the initiative of Peter the Great at the beginning of the XVIII century.
Today, more than 4 million tourists choose Peterhof for a visit. The reasons for the popularity of one of the most famous attractions of the Capital of Russian Culture are:
- Extensive history, as a founder of the Northern Venice himself, Peter I, took part in the development of a project which celebrated the country’s victory in the fight for the access to the Baltic Sea.
- Worldwide fame due to the unique fountain system.
- Architecture. Peterhof is considered to be the Pearl of the Russian Baroque.
For 200 years, Peterhof was a summer residence of Russian emperors and their families. The members of the imperial family spent the entire summertime in the shade of the trees there, and on the approach of the cold season, they came back to the city — to the Winter Palace.
The center of the ensemble is the Grand Peterhof Palace. You can visit the main building of the palace and park ensemble skipping the line and without unnecessary waiting.
The personal guide will take you to a one-hour excursion of the halls:
- Dance Hall. Magnificent decoration in Rococo style strikes with its beauty. You will find yourself in a room for celebrations designed by architect Rastrelli, among mirrors, gold-coated wreaths, patterned parquet, and snow-white walls.
- Throne Hall. You will see another solemn room, full of light and gold. The modern look of the Throne Hall in the Classicism style was on the project of Yuri Felton. The central focus is on the eastern wall, in front of which there is a throne.
- White Dining Room. The room in the Classicism style is unique as it has no paintings on the walls. Bas-reliefs on the walls, stoves in the traditional Russian style, and a faience dinner set became the decoration of the Dining Room.
- Chinese Cabinet. The hall is in the popular Chinoiserie style. Lacquer screens are their main decorations. All elements are of the same style — pentagonal doorways, ceilings, window jambs.
- Dressing Room. One of the private women’s rooms is in the Rococo style. The highlight is its walls covered with silk and a portrait of Elizaveta Petrovna — one of the best in the Palace collection.
- Oak Cabinet. They have managed to preserve the interior of the room almost unchanged since the XVIII century. The main features of the study are the carvings and furniture items preserved till nowadays — chairs and armchairs.
During the next hour, you’ll have a walk through the parks of Peterhof, where there are more than 200 fountains. Their water circulation systems have been working since the time of Peter the Great.
In the Lower Park you will see the most famous attractions:
- Grand Cascade. One of the largest fountain systems not only in Russia but in the world built in front of the Palace in 1735
- Samson Fountain
- Russian palaces of the XVIII century — Monplaisir and the Hermitage
- Adam Fountain
- Chess Mountain Fountain
- Pyramid Fountain
- The Sun Fountain
If you travel with children, we will make an extra stop at the Umbrella and Fir-trees joke-fountains
The Joke-fountains are the fountains hidden in landscape elements, they are activated when a person approaches them and steps on a special stone or randomly in particular hours during the day. Naturally, the main task of such a fountain is to wet the passers-by, which is a reason for delight and surprise for more than 300 years.
The Upper Park was initially thought of by Peter as a household area. After the emperor’s death, the beds and fruit trees were taken out, and fountains, summer houses, and tidy paths began to appear.
You will have walk-ons along symmetrically located paths, all of them decorated with graceful sculptural compositions.
After the excursion, a comfortable personal car will take you directly to the hotel doors.
To book a tour or ask a question, please fill out the form below.
Make sure that you have correctly written your current email. We will contact you as soon as possible.
- 2 hours - road time
- 1 hour palace
- 2 hours parks
- Hotel Pick-Up
- Entrance fees
- 3-hour Guided Tour
- Hotel Drop-Off
00Once again excellently organised visit by PetersburgExpert who made sure that we were flawlessly informed of the history and significance of all the water features to be seen in this beautiful Palace. The ideal organisation, professional guide, wonderful weather! We were very fortunate to have such experience! Thank you!
Peterhof Grand Palace is an excellent place and visiting it was the highlight of my vocation in St Petersburg. It's an absolute wonder! Any place in this estate is picture perfect so make sure you have memory card wouldn't empty. The main reason for such a pleasurable experience was the professional guidance of Daria. She is very knowledgeable about St Petersburg history. It's really great! Thank you so much!
Hi there! Just want to thank you for such an unforgettable experience. Your managers were absolutely right - the Peterhof Palace is really worth to see. We were lucky to get early access so we took a lot of awesome photos. The fountains were on and the sky was clear. This place is full of history and I highly recommend visiting it with the guide.
Thank you very much for the incredibly interesting tour! Peterhof is a stunning place with an amazing history. We visited the Grand Palace and walked around the picturesque park with a beautiful view of the Gulf of Finland. This tour wouldn't have been so glorious without our guide Elena. She's originally from St. Petersburg but it's amazing how strong her English is. Elena is a very good storyteller and very attentive guide. Thanks to her, this day was unforgettable. Kind regards, Amanda
If you book a standard tour on a date that is available then the confirmation of the reservation comes automatically. We try to respond to custom tour inquiry and any questions right away. If we do not have time to answer you within 15 minutes during working hours, you will receive a 5% discount on the total amount of the tour cost.
We are always ready to return the full cost of the tour, in case of cancellation, with the exception of the costs that we made. Therefore, If you cancel the tour with 14 days in advance, we will give you a full refund. For a week or less - individually depending on the tour. In case of cancellation of the tour in less than 3 days, we return 40% of the cost.
By default, we accept 100% payment of tours, as it is generally convenient for everyone. If necessary, you can write to us that you want to pay in part. This is usually not a problem. You can pay the rest on cash in rubles on the first day of excursions.
Yes, all our tours are 100% customizable. By default, we select the perfect tour program verified by thousands of our tourists, but if you have any specific requests, we will take them into account and change them for you. In order to send a request for a custom tour - write to us by mail or make a phone call or fill out and send the form at the end of the description of the tour.
We have really great experience in organizing excursions in St. Petersburg. When assessing the quality of our work, we rely on the feedback of more than 7 thousand tourists who were satisfied with their trip. We organize 100% private tours, while many of our competitors, especially those who working through universal tour aggregators, often cannot guarantee the fact that the tour will be individual and instead of a private car, you will have a minivan with other tourists who are no less surprised and distressed than you.
In addition, our guides will never take you to the souvenir/gift shop, unless you ask them for it. While at present, most of the guides working in other agencies consider it their duty to forcefully bring their tourists to the souvenir shop and earn commissions. Despite the fact that for us this is unconditionally unacceptable and obviously extremely disrespectful to the guests of our city - the situation on the tourism market is just that. Therefore, if you are serious about making your trip go without disappointment, it is worth making an effort to find quality services. Our goal is not just to sell you a tour, but we want to make your stay in St. Petersburg excellent, therefore we are very attentive to the details, and we constantly improve and refine our products.